Charles Hoskinson welcomes you to Cardano
In this blog post we will summarise the key points Charles Hoskinson, CEO of the Cardano Foundation, goes through in this welcoming video.
In early 2021 Cardano as seen a strong surge in adoption for a number of reasons. The imminent release of the native tokens and a co-related price surge of ADA (symbol $ADA), have teased many people into engaging with the Cardano ecosystem.
If you are curious to know more about Cardano and what it has to offer to the blockchain panorama here is the list of resources Charles Hoskinson invites you to take a look at
- Cardano.org it’s the main hub of the Cardano ecosystem. Here there is a lot of informative content that will guide and route you to the themes you are more interested into. Definitely the place where to start from.
- IOHK research. This is where all the scientific research resides. It will provide you with a lot of information about the company, the Cardano blog where you can find really cool articles about the projects under development at Cardano. Some of the most prominent at the time of writing are for example: Plutus, Plutus Playground and you-need-to-know details about Cardano delegation strategy. Last but not the least Catalyst: the Cardano governance solution.
- The IOHK youtube channel is definitely the go-to place to learn about major achievements of the Cardano ecosystem. The most prominent appointment is the monthly update.
- @InputOutputHK is the twitter handle that will give real time updates about all the news of the day.
- If you are a developer or you want to be hands on: the Cardano Ideascale platform is for you. Here you can share your ideas, submit and discuss your proposal and get funded to realise you projects.
- The reddit channel is available at r/cardano
- Finally the official telegram channel is https://t.me/cardano
If you own Cardano tokens (symbol $ADA) and decide to move them off exchange and store in your own wallet, you will have to download a client. The recommended clients are Daedalus or Yoroi. There are significant differences between Daedalus and Yoroi that go beyond the scope of this document, but in summary, we can say that Yoroi is a lighter version of the client and that integrates really nicely into the web browsing experience. Daedalus is a full blown node.
Please beware of where you download your wallet and ensure to only install authentic software from the official website as it could compromise the security of your tokens.